Breakfast Pizza Bianco
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 1 pocketless pita
- 1 tablespoon extra–virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1 large egg
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat a broiler and position the rack 10 inches from the heat.
2. Heat a skillet, then brush the pita with oil and add it to the pan, bottom-side up.
3. Cook the pita over a moderate heat for about 1 minute until lightly brown.
4. Flip the pita and cook the underside for 2 minutes until browned.
5. Without flipping the pita, sprinkle the cheese on top, leaving a well in the centre.
6. Crack the egg into the well and top with salt and pepper.
7. Broil until the cheese is bubbling and beginning to brown, and the egg is just set.
8. Transfer to a plate, serve and enjoy!