Blueberry Oat Bars
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup whole milk vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Combine the flours, oats, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and brown sugar in a large bowl. Stir in the yogurt, then mix in the butter with clean hands. The mixture will be thick.
3. Set aside 3/4 cup of the oat mixture. Place the remaining mixture into an 8-inch square baking pan and spread it evenly to the edges with a spatula.
4. Combine the berries with the sugar, lemon juice and zest, and cornstarch in a bowl. Pour the blueberry mixture into the baking dish and distribute the reserved topping evenly on top.
5. Bake for 40-45 minutes, until the topping is set and the berries are bubbling. Let cool for 20-30 minutes before slicing into 16 squares.