Five Reasons why Breakfast is a MUST!
"Breakfast is the most important meal of the Day!". This is a popular saying, and it's true! If you are a breakfast skipper, you should read here some of the benefits of breakfast:
- Concentration and Memory: A review of the Journal of the American Dietetic Association found in 47 breakfast-related studies that eating breakfast is likely to improve cognitive functions. This can be related to Concentration, Memory, as well as Test Grades.
- Heart Disease: According to a study by the Journal Circulation, eating breakfast was associated with a lower incidence of heart disease. The very same study also found that skipping breakfast was associated with insulin resistance, hypertension and elevated blood sugar levels.
- Diabetes: A study by the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that skipping breakfast may increase a woman's diabetes risk.
- Weight Loss: If you want to lose weight, you should eat your breakfast. A study published in the Obesity Journal found out that people who ate breakfast as their largest meal lost an average of 17.8 pounds over three months. Other participants consumed the same number of total calories per day, but ate most of their calories at dinner. They lost an average of 7.3 pounds over the same time period.
- Energy: Have you ever noted that people who are hungry are often also angry? The word for this is "Hangry". Sometimes, people who do not eat breakfast can suffer fatigue and irritability throughout the morning. Most people compensate this by drinking coffee. Food is fuel for the body, and eating a nutritious breakfast means that you will have enough energy, which will keep you active and productive until lunchtime.